ilYoung 2019- We need you! / by Lee Brummer

It’s crunch time and we could really use your help and support for ilYoung 2019!!

What are we doing?

Our junior company, ilYoung 2019, is developing a new production with ten young and emerging artists from Sweden and abroad. We are developing two new works for which the creative process began on the 1st July 2019. We have been working 8 hours a day, 6 days a week totalling 288 studio rehearsal hours. This does not include the many hours that go towards production, mentoring, performances, workshops and tour planning.

 How and why it all started…

We started ilYoung 7 years ago, creating successful projects every year and offering professional experience to young and emerging artists. We aim to assist these artists in the demanding transition between student and professional by equipping them with the mental, physical and creative tools necessary to dive into their professional careers. 

Every year since 2013, ilYoung has brought together ten young artists from Sweden and abroad to create a new production in a professional environment. This process takes place in residencies across Sweden and the company then tour the new creation nationwide. Throughout the entire process the artists are mentored and supported by professionals who are particularly experienced in working with emerging and young artists. 

 

CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT ILYOUNG 2019

CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT ILYOUNG 2019

SUCCESS!

The majority of the involved ilYoung artists have secured professional jobs working with companies such as GöteborgsOperans Danskompani, Royal Swedish Ballet, The Swedish Royal Dramatic theatre (Dramaten), Regionteater Väst and ilDance in Sweden and with companies abroad such as Nationaltheater Mannheim (Germany) Theater Osnabrück (Germany) Black Box Dance company (Denmark) Gwyn Emberton Dance (Wales) Chrysalis London (UK) and CATAPULT Dance (Australia). Additionally, many of these young artists have joined and/or initiated independent projects.

 

Why we need your help to reach our goal of 100,000 SEK

Despite this growing legacy and growing success and as an entirely independent company, ilYoung doesn’t receive regular financial support from any institution or official funding body in Sweden to run this project. As a result, the directors of ilDance, Israel Aloni and Lee Brummer are required to start again from square one, every year.

The project is both invaluable for the contemporary dance field and provides immediate and clear development to young artists. We are extremely passionate to continue creating these opportunities for future generations of dance artists. This is where we need your help.

The money we acquire from this campaign will go towards paying the salaries of the creative team and covering costs of travel and accommodation for the company to tour nationally.  

We have managed to secure 350 000 SEK, constituting the resources to cover 78% of the total of this year’s costs. We need your help to cover the remaining 22% of our costs which total 100 000 SEK.

See specification, find out more and support us HERE