ilDance is delighted to announce a brand new residency opportunity with our partners at STRUT Dance in Perth, Australia.
In the second half of 2018, a Swedish based independent artist will be selected to travel to Perth, Australia and offered a creative residency with STRUT Dance. The residency duration will be for a minimum of two weeks, and must be based on the ideas and concepts proposed in the artist’s application (more info below).
During this research and development residency, the selected artist will have the possibility to collaborate with and involve local dance artists and embrace and indulge in this opportunity for artistic and cultural exchange. The local dance artists will be invited by our partners at STRUT Dance, based on the ideas and desires of the artist from Sweden.
In addition to the residency, the selected artist will have an opportunity to participate in a master workshop with an acclaimed national or international visionary choreographer or their team, through the STRUT Dance master workshops program (find out more HERE).
The choice of the particular master workshop will be made in a dialogue between the selected artist and the teams at ilDance and STRUT Dance to fit the timeframe and travel plans of the travelling artist and the activity plan at STRUT Dance.
ilDance will cover the costs of the international travel (Sweden-Perth round trip) and accommodation for the residency period will be arranged by our local partners at STRUT Dance. Fees for the Master workshop are also accounted for by the organisers.
Please send all the requested material to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 28th Feb 2018
Please note: The application can be made in writing or by video.
Your application must be written or presented in English.
To apply please send:
- Full name, date of birth, home address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Biography (Max 2000 characters)
- A short artistic statement (2000 characters)
- Concept Proposal for the research and development residency (5000 characters).
- Links to video of your previous and/or current work which represent your practice and voice as a dance artist.
All of the above is mandatory, a partial application will not be valid.
You may send the application in a video format in which you will talk and present the points requested above (total video length max 5 min).
In this case, please upload your video to Vimeo or Youtube and send us an e mail with:
- Full name, date of birth, home address, e-mail address, telephone number,
- Link to your application video (and password if necessary)
- Links to video of your current and/or previous work which represent your practice and/or voice as a dance artist.
To be eligible for the ilDance - STRUT Dance residency, the artist must:
- Be registered and based in Sweden.
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a minimum of two years professional experience.
- Have NO history of a denied visa for travel to Australia
- Be an independent artist or on leave from ongoing employment in a Swedish institution
- Understand that all additional costs apart from the mentioned above, will be under the sole responsibility of the travelling artist.
*All members of ilDance’s junior dance company, ilYoung, who are based in Sweden are also eligible to apply.
ABOUT THE PARTNERS
STRUT Dance offers choreographers and dance practitioners the possibility to really engage with great national and international masters, the chance to work with collaborative partners in the making of their own performance, and the opportunity to put their work in front of a willing and informed audience. As a national organisation, STRUT is now open to all and continues to operate on three levels: BODY - COLLABORATION - PERFORMANCE